Local Information on Child Abuse
Local statistic: 97% - 98% of the time when children are physically or sexually abused it's at the hands of a family member or close acquaintance. "Stranger danger" happens only rarely. These statistics cross all boundaries of ethnicity, education and income. (Statistics from Abilene/Taylor County Child Advocacy Center)
"Stop Child Abuse" and "Stop Child Sexual Abuse" produced by the Carver Youth Council and Regional Victim Crisis Center, in collaboration with Abilene/Taylor County Child Advocacy Center, Abilene Police Department and the Taylor County Child Fatality Review Team.
End Human Trafficking in Texas video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FMVsjxh0hs
Resources and Links
- www.txabusehotline.org - Report suspicions of child physical or sexual abuse in Texas.
- Myths, facts and signs of child sexual abuse
- Regional Victim Crisis Center - Assistance for child and adult victims of sexual assault and other violent crimes.
- Noah Project - Assistance for victims of family violence.
- Abilene/Taylor County Child Advocacy Center
- HSU Social Work Program
- New Horizons
- Region 14 Education Service Center
- MCH Family Outreach
- Betty Hardwick Center
Ribbons and Colors